2017 Career Builder Challenge
PGA West Palmer Private
Nicklaus Private and La Quinta Country Club
January 18 – 22
Jason Dufner defends his title in the 2017 Career Builder Challenge event and it’s a whole new game.
Formerly known as the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic and The Humana Challenge, the tournament is now the Career Builder Challenge and it’s all new with Live Concerts following the tournament on Saturday at the Stadium Course Driving Range. This year will feature the popular Food Truck Frenzy and Birdies For Beer with beer discounts 10 min after every birdie on the 16th hole. Club 9 is the hot spot with events including a Sneak Peek of some of the art you will see at the La Quinta Festival and Golf Fashion Show, This year’s tournament has something for everyone!
The Career Builder Challenge is one of the PGA Tours most valued professional golf tournaments and a huge fan favorite. The event draws in golf fans from around the world to watch their favorite celebrities and golf professionals compete.
Home Buyer’s looking for Golf Resort properties come to the desert every year to enjoy the event and find their perfect get a way right here in the desert. With over 100 Championship Courses throughout the valley, we have homes that fit both your style and your budget. Want to see a list of all the available fairway properties? Golf Course Properties For Sale
In 2012, the tournament struck new sponsorship deals with a pair of new partners and evolved into the Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation.
In May 2015, human capital solutions global leader CareerBuilder assumed title sponsorship from Humana and entered into a six-year pact (through 2021) with the PGA TOUR to have the tournament renamed the CareerBuilder Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation.
Despite changing the name to the 2017 Career Builder Challenge, the event’s organizers work with diligence and pride to maintain the legacy of its smiling host. Hope’s iconic image can be seen throughout the tournament’s facilities, and is highlighted in several places including:
- The tournament winner receives the Bob Hope Memorial Trophy.
- Fans coming through the main entrance at PGA WEST walk into Bob Hope Square, the tournament’s fan gathering place and social hub. The iconic Bob Hope Classic golf cart can still be seen shuttling around the PGA WEST grounds during tournament week.
- The Bob Hope Club sits around the 18th green at the TPC Stadium Course at PGA WEST and offers some of the best seating for the event.
- The TPC Stadium Course at PGA WEST clubhouse entrance has been redesigned to feature the tournament’s history as a tribute to Bob Hope.
- The Clinton Foundation continues to display an exhibit of Bob Hope-related tournament artifacts in Bob Hope Square during tournament week.
Perhaps the greatest legacy left by Bob Hope is the event’s continued charitable contributions to the Coachella Valley. After all, it is known as the tournament that built Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, and the tournament office remains on that location to this day. Since 1960, Desert Classic Charities, the non-profit entity that organizes the event, has donated more than $57 million to Eisenhower Medical Center and many other charitable organizations within the valley.