Indio – The Place to Be, a Vibrant City known as “The City of Festivals”
Indio began as a winter home for Native American’s living in the surrounding mountains, they were looking for warmer weather in the palm oasis that later became known as The Coachella Valley and was a halfway stop for the rail road traveling between Los Angeles and Arizona. Expansion of the All American Canal brought growth to the agricultural industry, which made Indio the center for processing and packing facilities for local growers.
Today, Indio is a vibrant city with Golf Courses, Casino’s, Live Entertainment, Art Festivals, Polo Competition’s, Equestrian Centers for Boarding & Riding, Dog Show, The Date Festival and home of the valley’s Enterprise Zone, which provides financial incentives to companies of all sizes to locate their business in Indio. From Single Family Homes, Exclusive Golf Resorts to Rural Equestrian Estates, Indio has something for everyone.
Fast Facts – The Demographics of Indio
- Incorporated 1930
- Full Time Residents: 84,000
- Seasonal Residents: 8,800
- Seasonal Visitors: 500,000
- Elevation: -13 ft
- Area: 27 square miles
- Average Days of Sunshine per year: 348 days
- Average temperature: 89 degrees
- Average Rainfall: less than 5″ per year
- Median Household Income: $35,000
- Income per Capita: $ 13,525
City Council / Elected Officials
- 2012 Mayor – Glenn Miller
- Mayor Pro Tem – Elaine Holmes
- Lupe Ramos – City Council
- Michael Wilson – City Council
- Sam Torres – City Council
- Cynthia Hernandez – City Clerk
- Sharon Ellis – City Treasurer
100 Civic Center Mall
Indio, CA 92201
Chamber of Commerce
82-921 Indio Blvd.
Indio, CA 92201
- State Legislature, 40th Senate District, Denise Moreno Ducheny
- 80th Assembly Disctrict, Manuel Perez
- US Congressional District 45 & 46 , Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack
While Indio has enjoyed growth over the past few years, they also offer rural equestrian lifestyle. Indio is home to many of the valley’s best events each year including Coachella Fest & Stage Coach Music Festivals at the Empire Polo Field, Palm Springs Kennel Club Dog Show at the Eldorado Polo Field, Southwest Art Festival, Annual Polo Matches at the Empire & Eldorado Polo Clubs, The Indio Date Festival and much more. If you’re looking for an equestrian property or just want to feel like you have a little more space, we we have several exceptional properties in Indio that we will recommend.